Thursday, August 8, 2013

I probably should have given some notice before I just up and quit on this thing for the summer, but I just got so busy! Summer is a time that I love, we spend as much time outside with the kids, go to playdates, spend time at the lake, go visit family, etc etc etc. Sadly, summer is over. It's been in the 50's lately, winter is coming! In August. I hate this state. So far, August is the only month during which is has not snowed in ND at some point in time. So my husband tells me anyways! I do not think we will get snow this month and break that record or whatever you wanna call it, but I do suspect that next month Monster's birthday party will absolutely have to be inside. 
Birthday ideas for the Monster is my weak point. He is turning FIVE! Where did the time go? I do not know. Anywho, I think he will be getting a lot of school stuff from us (I know, I know, school stuff? That sounds boring!) However for the Monster, all he talks about half the time is going to school...Which makes this more difficult because I am going to be home-schooling him. I think that as long as he gets to do what he perceives as "school stuff" then he should be fine with being home-schooled rather than going to public school. Also I have been thinking about sports for him. Goddess knows that he loves sports, and he can hit a ball, throw a ball, kick a ball etc, very well. I have been looking into some indoor ones like karate as well. I really want him to take karate, and my husband really wants him to take baseball. We plan on letting him decide next spring what he wants to do sports wise. 
As for Munchkin, he is officially off of formula on a trial basis. We go back to his doctor next week and if he has maintained his weight, he can stay off of it for good! He is still slow with his eating, but he isn't choking every time tangible food touches his tongue! BIG step forward. We also cut his hair again sadly. I have an attachment to my boys long hair. It makes them look younger, and every time we cut their hair, a piece of me gets stabbed in the heart, even if it is only twice a year. 
Now that I am all caught up, I will probably be on here maybe once or twice a week. Maybe more as it keeps getting colder! I shall leave you with a BUNCH of pictures from this summers activities :) They are a little out of order so go by the hair length of the kids :D If it is short, they're from this month!!




























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! I read all comments and love hearing your input and questions. I'll try to respond to every single comment I see.